Long time since I have posted. Not because I haven’t busy; I have. Macro or extreme close up photographs of things has always fascinated me, but I haven’t really done much of it because of the other many image making projects I have worked at and on over the years. I recently decided to give it a go and initially shot some images with my Sony FE 24-70mm f4 zoom lens, not realizing it did have a modest macro focus mode. Then I bought some inexpensive tube extensions so I could focus closer to my subjects. Then I started buying some old macro lenses on EBay and extensions. Ultimately, I bought a Sony FE 50mm f2.18 Macro lens. At any rate, I have shot with 5 or 6 different lenses with varying degrees of “success”. Some of the early images are in this short video called “Bees in Lavender Samba”. Enjoy.
Let’s see; what are the benefits to the average middle class and working class Americans offered by all the Republican policy changes promised:
- Repeal Obamacare – 33 Million lose Insurance 20K die
- Cut Medicare – 11 million people lose benefits 15K die
- Cut Soc. Sec. – millions of seniors eat cat food, live in boxes
Abolish the EPA – the planet goes dark in 60 years
- Abolish Dept. of Educ. – children become dumb Christians
- Re-do HUD – yet more families under overpasses
DACA & DAPA repeal – Go back where you didn’t come from.
- Build a wall – alienate allies and displace immigrants
Ban Muslims – create more ISIS warriors and Muslim hate
- Oil Pipes across America – the hell with Natives and you
Nuclear Arms Build Up – planet goes boom real soon
- Get cozier with Russia – Hooker pee breaks for all
- Ditch Nato – Who need Europe anyway?
- Send Feds into Chicago – Help shovel snow?
- Defund Planned Parenthood – Not my baby, not my baby.
- Defund NEA – Art serves no real purpose, fuck art.
- Defund PBS – F#@k Art, watch Fox.
- Corporatize the Internet – dear leader will run everything
- SOS/Oil Department – ExxonMobil Diplomacy, for sure.
- AG/DOJ – Non-Whites Beware: Cracker at the wheel
- Rust belts get rustier, coal mines keep their coal
- Minimum wage is still MINIMUM wage so head down to the new Republican Cardboard Boxhouse Agency to buy your own cardboard box home to put under the underpass… OR, live in a two bedroom, one bath apartment with 9 other working adults, 7 toddlers and a hamster.
- Rich get Richer, but the poor don’t get richer and the middle class get to put Humpty Dumpty America back together, again.
Thank you, mine hair furor. America IS GREAT agin.
Rant on Pence, 2/17:
Mike Pence – why do you care so much about the reproductive systems of my children and their children? Why are you so stone like in your heart that you would have a female child die rather than be allowed a chance at having an adult life. Why would you rather an unwanted child be the ward of a society that you won’t support and will destroy if you and your anti-human republican crony haters have their way? Is this the love that your “good book” teaches? What about your neighbors, the ill, the meek, the dispossessed, the immigrant, the lame, the unemployed, the unemployable, the mentally deficient, the drug addled? What about the good people that do want their government to be of the people, by the people and for the people? Why do you want it to perish from this earth to be replaced by a collection of oral narratives told by ignorant desert nomads and transcribed generations after their inception and codified to reveal a hateful, spiteful, vengeful, capricious, unknowable, secret, nameless, moral dictator who would rather you be punished with a sea of fire for not believing in it and rejecting any other philosophy because you are born with the sin that condemns you and that means all zygotes, foetuses, and babies are doomed if they die before they can talk? Okay, this was a waste of time, but I feel a bit better, Pence on Fire.
We had sun and rain and lot’s of friendly women, children and men… at least 5, 000 and up to 7,000 estimated by an SRPD Sergeant at the rally and march. Attendance around the world, according to The U. Conn. professor who put together a spread sheet of rally-ers and marchers was in the 5-6 million range.
There’s lot’s to do and say in this new Era of Resistance and now you know you are not alone and in fact you are in the majority of voices to be heard. Here is a short video of the march and rally in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is the first of a series of posts about art created by my wife, Susan Bercu.
I produced this short video today in collaboration with Susan. It is topical though also historical as it connects Abraham Lincoln and Michelle Obama. It is in HD 1080P so please view it Full Screen.